Foil-wrapped Ginger Chicken
Photo: Leigh Beisch; Styling: Dan Becker
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 77
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 11g
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrate: 2.3g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sodium: 234mg
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (regular)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- One 1-in. piece ginger, peeled and cut into thinnest possible slivers
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thigh meat, cut into bite-size pieces and strips
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-in. lengths and then into slivers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, dark soy sauce, and ginger. Add chicken, toss to coat, cover, and chill for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375°. Lay out 8 pieces of aluminum foil, 6 to 8 in. long each. Put 1/8 of the marinated chicken in the middle of each. Top chicken with green onions and sprinkle with pepper. Fold 1 side of foil over the chicken to cover it, fold opposite side of foil over first fold, and then fold in each end once to seal and create a little packet.
- 3. Lay packets on a foil- or parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet (packets will leak while cooking, and the marinade is difficult to clean up once it cooks onto a pan). Bake until chicken is cooked through and marinade is reduced and starting to caramelize in each packet, 45 to 60 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This