- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (regular)
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark soy sauce
- One 1-in. piece ginger, peeled and cut into thinnest possible slivers
- 1 pound boned, skinned chicken thigh meat, cut into bite-size pieces and strips
- 2 green onions, cut into 2-in. lengths and then into slivers
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories 77
- caloriesfromfat 26 %
- protein 11 g
- fat 2.2 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- carbohydrate 2.3 g
- fiber 0.1 g
- sodium 234 mg
- cholesterol 47 mg
How to Make It
In a large bowl, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, dark soy sauce, and ginger. Add chicken, toss to coat, cover, and chill for at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 375°. Lay out 8 pieces of aluminum foil, 6 to 8 in. long each. Put 1/8 of the marinated chicken in the middle of each. Top chicken with green onions and sprinkle with pepper. Fold 1 side of foil over the chicken to cover it, fold opposite side of foil over first fold, and then fold in each end once to seal and create a little packet.
Lay packets on a foil- or parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet (packets will leak while cooking, and the marinade is difficult to clean up once it cooks onto a pan). Bake until chicken is cooked through and marinade is reduced and starting to caramelize in each packet, 45 to 60 minutes. Serve hot or warm.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.