Focaccia with Onions, Fresh Herbs, and Feta
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 12 Hours, 5 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 6.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 22.1g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
- Iron: 1.6mg
- Sodium: 379mg
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Calcium: 44mg
- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups vertically sliced yellow onion (about 1 large)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Thaw bread dough in refrigerator at least 12 hours.
- . Preheat oven to 400°.
- . Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sugar; cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- . Place dough on a lightly floured surface; let rest 5 minutes. Pat or roll dough into a 14 x 8-inch rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick). Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush dough with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Spread onion mixture and walnuts evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400° on bottom rack of oven for 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Cut into 12 pieces.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This