- 1 (1-pound) loaf frozen bread dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups vertically sliced yellow onion (about 1 large)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- calories 165
- fat 6.8 g
- satfat 1.3 g
- protein 5.6 g
- carbohydrate 22.1 g
- cholesterol 6 mg
- iron 1.6 mg
- sodium 379 mg
- caloriesfromfat 36 %
- fiber 1.5 g
- calcium 44 mg
How to Make It
Thaw bread dough in refrigerator at least 12 hours.
. Preheat oven to 400°.
. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sugar; cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in rosemary, thyme, salt, and pepper.
. Place dough on a lightly floured surface; let rest 5 minutes. Pat or roll dough into a 14 x 8-inch rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick). Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Brush dough with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Spread onion mixture and walnuts evenly over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch border on all sides; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Bake at 400° on bottom rack of oven for 25 minutes or until crust is golden. Cut into 12 pieces.