Focaccia -Style Flax Bread
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 5 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1/3 cup(s) oil
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Prepare pan (a 10X15 pan with sides works best) with oiled parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- 1) Mix dry ingredients well -- a whisk works well.
- 2) Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter.
- 3) Let batter set for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.)
- 4) Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat, in roughly a rectangle an inch or two from the sides of the pan (you can go all the way to the edge, but it will be thinner).
- 5) Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.
- 6) Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want.
- Because the bread is so moist, I usually store it in the fridge.
- Nutritional Information:
- Each of 12 servings has less than a gram of effective carbohydrate (.7 grams to be exact) plus 5 grams fiber, 6 grams protein, and 185 calories.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Focaccia -Style Flax Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads