Focaccia Pizza Bianca
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Prepared without tomato sauce, this pizza bianca, or white pizza, is topped with roasted potatoes, garlic oil and fontina cheese, plus a sprinkling of fresh rosemary leaves. A mandoline makes fast work of cutting the potatoes into thin, uniform slices.
- 3 small Yukon Gold potatoes, about 3/4 lb. total, cut into rounds 3/16 inch thick
- 1/4 cup plus 1 to 2 Tbs. olive oil, plus more for drizzling (optional)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic head, roasted
- 1/2 batch Sicilian-style pizza dough (see related recipe at left)
- Cornmeal for dusting
- 2 cups grated fontina cheese
- 1 Tbs. fresh rosemary leaves
- Preheat an oven to 425ºF.
- In a bowl, stir together the potatoes and 1 to 2 Tbs. olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Spread the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast until tender and golden, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Squeeze the pulp from the roasted garlic cloves into a small bowl and whisk in the 1/4 cup olive oil until smooth. Season with salt.
- Increase the oven temperature to 450ºF. Preheat a pizza stone in the oven according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the pizza dough into a 10-inch round. Transfer to a cornmeal-dusted pizza peel. Top the dough with the roasted garlic oil, cheese, potatoes and rosemary.
- Carefully slide the pizza onto the preheated stone. Bake until the crust is browned and the cheese is melted, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Using the pizza peel, transfer the pizza to a cutting board and drizzle with olive oil. Cut into slices and serve immediately. Serves 4.
- Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by batesballard22 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Focaccia Pizza Bianca Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers