This is a great marinade for you shrimp. I dipped the shrimp in the sauce, stuck them in kabob cages, added onion and bells. Then I based the kabobs as we grilled them. Excellent dish this way.
Flying Trapeze Shrimp
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large fresh shrimp
- Olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium, and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened, whisking often. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper, and remove mixture from heat.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Thread shrimp evenly onto 12-inch skewers. Brush with olive oil. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°), 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve grilled shrimp kebabs with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note