This is a great marinade for you shrimp. I dipped the shrimp in the sauce, stuck them in kabob cages, added onion and bells. Then I based the kabobs as we grilled them. Excellent dish this way.
Flying Trapeze Shrimp
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1 1/2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large fresh shrimp
- Olive oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to medium, and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until slightly thickened, whisking often. Whisk in butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until melted. Add salt and pepper, and remove mixture from heat.
- Peel and devein shrimp, leaving tails intact. Thread shrimp evenly onto 12-inch skewers. Brush with olive oil. Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°), 3 minutes on each side or until shrimp turn pink. Serve grilled shrimp kebabs with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This