Flying Fish with Lime-and-Caper Aioli
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 (8-ounce) flying fish fillets*
- Vegetable oil
- Lime-and-Caper Aioli
- Garnishes: fresh thyme sprigs, tomato wedges, lime halves, chopped red bell pepper
- Stir together first 4 ingredients in a shallow dish. Stir together eggs and water in a bowl. Dip fish in egg mixture; dredge in flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 inches in a Dutch oven; heat oil to 375°. Fry fish in batches 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden. Serve with Lime-and-Caper Aioli; garnish, if desired.
- *Grouper or any small, firm whitefish may be substituted for flying fish.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes