- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (2-oz.) chocolate candy coating squares, melted
- 1 package 8-inch-long pretzel rods, halved
- 1 (4.25-oz.) tube red or orange decorator icing
- calories 196
- fat 11 g
- satfat 6 g
- cholesterol 16 mg
- fiber 1 g
- protein 3 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- sodium 346 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar gradually, beating until blended. Beat in flour and salt. Stir in vanilla. Shape dough into 16 balls, each 1 1/4 inches wide.
Place pretzel rods on ungreased baking sheets. Press a ball of dough onto cut end of each pretzel. Press dough firmly with a fork so that it resembles broom bristles.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Let brooms cool on baking sheets on wire racks for 2 minutes; move brooms directly to wire racks to cool completely.
Place brooms on waxed paper. Spoon melted candy coating over pretzel and cookie where they join. Allow to stand until firm. Decorate brooms as desired with colored icing.
Nutrition data is per serving (1 cookie)