Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 2 tablespoon(s) white vinegar
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) white sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter melted
- Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- From reviewer:
- This recipe has served me well for years. Whenever we have overnight company, everyone insists these are the best pancakes they've ever eaten. For those afraid of sour milk, it is simply a substitute for buttermilk. I use soured milk in every recipe that I have that calls for buttermilk and it works like a charm. It does NOT make things taste sour! Another note: the pancakes will start to "foam up" after you stir them. Resist the urge to stir them again. All those bubbles is what makes them so fluffy. The batter will be very thick and difficult to pour at this point. Also, as others have said, this does not serve 8. In my house, it serves 4 of us. Enjoy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Fluffy Pancakes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch