This is a wonderful, easy icing. Soooo delicious but one recipe covered only 9 cupcakes when piped like the picture. It was very easy to make two more batches to pipe my 24 cupcakes.
Fluffy Marshmallow Buttercream Frosting
A fluffy buttercream that is perfect for frosting cupcakes and is super fluffy and airy This frosting only takes a few minutes of your time to make.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) butter (no substitutes) room temperature
- 1/4 cup(s) confectioner's sugar sifted (optional)
- 1 jar(s) marshmallow fluff
- 1 tablespoon(s) milk as needed
- 1. Start by leaving the butter out to come to a room temperature. Do not melt the butter in the microwave, for that will separate the oils and fats in the butter and will result in a buttercream with a texture similar to cottage cheese.
- 2. Cream the butter until it is light and fluffy. Then begin to add the powdered sugar a spoonful at a time. The amount of powdered sugar I wrote above is just a suggestion. Not much sugar is needed since the marshmallow fluff is very sweet. You can always add more sugar after you've mixed in everything.
- 3. Mix in the whole container of marshmallow fluff. Keep mixing until everything is combined.
- 4. Add your favorite extracts and seasonings. This frosting is super versatile.
- My personal favorite is peppermint extract which gives a light and refreshing flavor to the fluffy frosting.
- 5. Depending on what your use for this frosting is, you may want to add some milk into the frosting to thin it out. I have noticed that the frosting can tend to be on the thick side without the milk. Take care to add only a few drops of milk at a time, for you don't want a gloopy mess that's too thin to frost.
- 6. Try not to eat it before it gets on a cake or a cupcake. (:
This recipe is a personal recipe added by lesterluvsu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note