This recipe goes with Coconut Birthday Cake
Yield: enough for one 3-layer cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine sugar, water, and cream of tartar in a heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat, without stirring, until mixture reaches thread stage (232°).
- Beat egg whites (at room temperature) until soft peaks form; continue to beat, slowly adding syrup mixture. Add flavorings; beat well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This