Much more flavorful than batter mixes! My family devours them. Won't go back to mixes. Ever!
Fluffy Cream Cheese Pancakes
Why settle for pancakes out of the box when these plump and fresh flapjacks are just as fast? They're just begging for you to dig in–I guarantee you'll have a hard time holding the family off!
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 2. Combine egg and remaining 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- 3. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side. Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup and bacon, if desired.
You can substitute 1/4 cup egg substitute, skim milk, and light cream cheese. Batter will be thinner and will cook faster.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note