Much more flavorful than batter mixes! My family devours them. Won't go back to mixes. Ever!
Fluffy Cream Cheese Pancakes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups milk
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1. Combine flour and sugar in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
- 2. Combine egg and remaining 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.
- 3. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle. Cook pancakes until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look cooked; turn and cook other side. Serve pancakes with warm maple syrup and bacon, if desired.
You can substitute 1/4 cup egg substitute, skim milk, and light cream cheese. Batter will be thinner and will cook faster.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note