We had this for dinner tonight and both of us thought it was very good. I baked the biscuits this afternoon for 10 minutes and froze the ones I wasn't going to use for another day. At dinner time I finished baking the biscuits. That worked well. I bought honey ham at the dell. The Figgy Port Chutney and Blue Cheese Butter were delicious. Great combination of flavors.
Fluffy Cream Cheese Biscuits
More From Southern Living
Total: 45 Minutes
- 1 (1/4-oz.) envelope active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (105Â° to 115Â°)
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-oz.) package cold cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- Parchment paper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine yeast and warm water in a small bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, whisk together flour and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; cut cream cheese and cold butter into flour mixture with a pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- 3. Combine yeast mixture and buttermilk, and add to flour mixture, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead lightly 6 to 8 times (about 30 seconds to 1 minute), sprinkling with up to 1/4 cup additional flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- 4. Roll dough to 3/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 2 1/2-inch round cutter, rerolling scraps once. Arrange biscuits on 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads