Forgot baking soda. Taste was great but gummy. Hubby and toddler loved them.
Fluffy Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
When the warm butter meets the cold buttermilk, it will begin to form clumps--little droplets of fat throughout the liquid--a sign of success. The pockets ensure even distribution of fat throughout the batter, creating a lighter biscuit with less butter.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 21 Minutes
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 18.3g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 305mg
- Calcium: 82mg
- 5.6 ounces unbleached all-purpose flour (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3.6 ounces white whole-wheat flour (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups very cold fat-free buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, baking powder, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk to combine.
- 3. Place butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH for 1 minute or until completely melted. Add cold buttermilk, stirring until butter forms small clumps. Add oil, stirring to combine.
- 4. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture; stir with a rubber spatula until just incorporated (do not overmix) and batter pulls away from sides of bowl. (Batter will be very wet.)
- 5. Drop batter in mounds of 2 heaping tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 450° for 11 minutes or until golden. Cool 3 minutes; serve warm.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This