Photo: Antonis Achilleos; Styling: Karen Tack
Use green liners for a garden-fresh look.
Yield: Makes 12
- 8 each yellow, orange and white spice drops
- 1/2 cup each yellow, orange and pink decorating sugars
- Rolling pin
- 2" flower-shaped cookie cutter
- Small scissors
- 12 green gumdrops
- 1 16-oz. can vanilla frosting
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 3 medium ziplock bags
- 12 cupcakes in liners, such as Golden Cupcakes
- 1. Press 2 yellow spice drops together. Sprinkle a work surface with yellow sugar and roll out pressed drops with a rolling pin to about 1/8" thickness. Add more sugar as needed to prevent sticking. Repeat with remaining spice drops and sugar, using white drops with pink sugar. With a flower-shaped cookie cutter or small scissors, cut 1 flower from each set of flattened candies, making 12 flowers. Using scissors, cut a 1/8" slice from flat side of each green gumdrop.
- 2. Reserve 2 Tbsp. frosting and divide remaining frosting among 3 bowls. Using food coloring, tint the frosting yellow, orange and pink. Spoon each color into a separate ziplock bag; press out air and seal.
- 3. Snip a 1/4" corner from the bags. Starting on the outer edge of a cupcake, pipe a concentric circle of frosting to cover the top. Repeat to make 4 frosted cupcakes in each color. Top each cupcake with a spice drop flower. Dab a dot of reserved frosting in the center of each flower; top with a gumdrop slice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Cakes/Frostings