Great recipe! I used a water bath below the springform, resulting in a slightly longer cooking time. Once cooled, I piped home made whipped cream around the edges, and placed strawberry halves around the circumference. The result was enjoyed by all! I will make this again for sure! FYI, I used 8 oz of Hershey's special dark (on hand), and 8 ounces of Lindt 70% dark (on sale).
Flourless Chocolate Torte
Experience the decadence of chocolate in this rich, fudgy cake. The intense chocolate flavor comes from both cocoa and semisweet chocolate squares.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- Unsweetened cocoa
- 2 (8-ounce) packages semisweet chocolate squares, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 5 large eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Grease a 9-inch springform pan, and dust with unsweetened cocoa; set aside.
- Melt chopped chocolate and butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- Whisk together egg yolks and vanilla in a large bowl. Gradually stir in chocolate mixture; whisk until well blended.
- Beat egg whites at high speed with an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until sugar dissolves and stiff peaks form. Fold one-third beaten egg white mixture into chocolate mixture; gently fold in remaining egg white mixture just until blended. Spoon batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly.
- Bake at 375° for 25 minutes. (Do not overbake.) Let stand in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes before removing sides of pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts