Flourless Chocolate Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 ounce(s) fine-quality bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened unsweetened
- 1 stick(s) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup(s) cocoa powder plus add for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of wax paper and butter paper.
- Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with butter, stirring, until smooth. Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well. Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined. Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust. Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.
- Dust cake with additional cocoa powder and serve with sorbet if desired. (Cake keeps, after being cooled completely, in an airtight container, 1 week.)
- Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Flourless-Chocolate-Cake-14478#ixzz2OUNE5RSy
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MelissaStu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts