Yield: about 2 dozen
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1 cup plus 3 tablespoons hot water
- Combine dry ingredients; stir well. Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal. Gradually stir in water, mixing well.
- Shape dough into 1 1/2-inch balls, and place on a lightly floured surface. Roll each ball into a very thin circle about 6 inches in diameter.
- Cook tortillas in an ungreased skillet over medium-high heat about 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Pat tortillas lightly with a spatula while browning the second side if they puff during cooking. Serve hot with butter, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breads