I loved this recipe. The breadcrumbs were definitely needed to add a little extra crunch. It tastes so fresh and delicious with the lemon and lime zest and I liked that the ingredients were simple and fresh. This would be simple and easy to entertain guests with as well!
Flounder with Lemon-Lime Butter
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 309
- Fat: 15g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 35g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 84mg
- Sodium: 257mg
- 4 (6 oz.) flounder fillets, thawed if frozen
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse flounder, pat dry and place flat on a broiling pan lined with foil. Season flounder with salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir in lemon and lime zests and remove from heat.
- Set aside 1 Tbsp. lemon-lime butter. Thoroughly brush 1 side of each fillet with remaining butter, dabbing brush so it collects some zest as well as butter. Turn and brush other side of each fish fillet.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs and thyme with a fork. Sprinkle equal amounts of crumb mixture over each fillet and drizzle with reserved lemon-lime butter. Bake until fish is lightly browned on top and flakes easily when pierced with a fork, 12 to 15 minutes. Garnish with lemon and lime slices and serve with sides of roasted new potatoes and steamed broccoli, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note