Flounder Stuffed With Crab
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) dressed flounder
- 1 pound lump crab meat, drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon halves
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- Lay flounder on a cutting board, light side down; slit lengthwise, beginning 3/4 inch from head and cutting down center of fish to tail. Make a crosswise slit in flounder near head. Cut flesh along both sides of backbone to tail, allowing the knife to run over the rib bones to form a pocket for stuffing. Set fish aside.
- Combine next 5 ingredients in a small mixing bowl, tossing lightly to mix. Spoon mixture into pocket of fish. Top fish with onion and lemon slices. Place bacon over fish across pocket opening. Dot with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Remove onion, lemon slices, and bacon, and discard. Transfer to a serving platter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon halves and parsley sprigs. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note