- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) tub-style light cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons 1% low-fat milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) flounder fillets
- calories 271
- fat 8.7 g
- satfat 5 g
- protein 38.4 g
- carbohydrate 7.7 g
- cholesterol 106 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 574 mg
- caloriesfromfat 30 %
- fiber 2.6 g
- calcium 223 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; sauté 3 minutes or until tender. Add spinach, and cook 1 minute.
Turn heat to low; add cream cheese and next 5 ingredients. Stir well; remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Divide spinach mixture among fish fillets, spreading evenly over each and leaving a 1/4-inch margin around edges.
Roll up each fillet, jelly-roll fashion, starting with the tail end, and secure with wooden picks.
Place fish in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 20 to 22 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve immediately.