Florida's Mullet Stew
Yield: about 2 1/2 quarts
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (7-ounce) package spaghetti
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 pounds mullet fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Sauté celery, onion, and garlic in butter in a large Dutch oven until tender. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, and seasonings, mixing well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add spaghetti and boiling water; mix well. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until spaghetti is almost tender. Add fish; cover and simmer 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Spoon stew into individual serving bowls; sprinkle with cheese. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note