- 1 chicken-flavored bouillon cube
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh celery leaves
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 large bunches celery, cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch slices (about 3 cups)
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
How to Make It
Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water; set aside. Sauté onion, parsley, and celery leaves in butter in a heavy skillet until onion is tender. Add 1/3 cup bouillon, celery, marjoram, salt, and pepper, mixing well.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes.
Dissolve cornstarch in remaining % cup bouillon; add to celery mixture, stirring well. Bring to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly.