My husband and I love this recipe and can eat a doubled recipe by ourselves. It is healthy and has a great flavor.
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon Tiger* or hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 (15.8-ounce) cans black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/4 cups sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Shredded cabbage
- Sliced green onions
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in peas and celery. Cover and chill 2 hours. Stir in cilantro. Spoon pea mixture over cabbage, and sprinkle with green onions.
- *Tiger sauce, a hot-pepper accompaniment made in New Orleans, is available in the condiment section at many supermarkets.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Dips/Spreads