I've made this a couple of times because it sounds so good & we love rice noodles, but the dish turns out "just ok". We found it a bit bland. I don't think I'll make it again.
Florentine Rice Noodle Gratin
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 302
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fat: 7.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 42.8g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Cholesterol: 29mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 839mg
- Calcium: 424mg
- 1/2 pound wide rice stick noodles (bánh pho)
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 vegetable-flavored bouillon cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Cook noodles in boiling water 5 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine milk, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, rosemary, and the next 5 ingredients (rosemary through cream cheese) in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in noodles, cheese mixture, and spinach.
- Place mixture in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Casseroles