- 1/2 pound wide rice stick noodles (bánh pho)
- 1 1/4 cups 2% reduced-fat milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Swiss cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 vegetable-flavored bouillon cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) block 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- Cooking spray
- calories 302
- caloriesfromfat 23 %
- fat 7.6 g
- satfat 4.2 g
- monofat 2.3 g
- polyfat 0.6 g
- protein 14.7 g
- carbohydrate 42.8 g
- fiber 2.9 g
- cholesterol 29 mg
- iron 2 mg
- sodium 839 mg
- calcium 424 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Cook noodles in boiling water 5 minutes or until done. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well.
Combine milk, 1/2 cup Swiss cheese, rosemary, and the next 5 ingredients (rosemary through cream cheese) in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth.
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Remove from heat; stir in noodles, cheese mixture, and spinach.
Place mixture in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/2 cup Swiss cheese. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.