Florentine Potato Gratin
More From Southern Living
Bake: 30 Minutes
- 1 (1-lb., 4-oz.) package refrigerated potato slices
- 6 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (12-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1. Bring first 3 ingredients to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. Drain spinach well, pressing between paper towels.
- 3. Spread half of potatoes in a lightly greased, shallow 11- x 7-inch baking dish; sprinkle evenly with half of pepper. Spread spinach over potatoes; sprinkle with bacon. Top with remaining potatoes and remaining pepper.
- 4. Stir together cream cheese and sour cream. Dollop cream cheese mixture evenly over potatoes; sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- 5. Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Simply Potatoes Homestyle Slices.
- To lighten: Substitute turkey bacon for bacon, or reduce the amount of regular bacon; use reduced-fat cream cheese and sour cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note