Florentine Potato Casserole
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 221
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Fat: 6.4g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 3.3g
- Cholesterol: 121mg
- Iron: 1.8mg
- Sodium: 523mg
- Calcium: 205mg
- 2 pounds Yukon gold or red potatoes
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped reduced-fat ham
- 2 1/2 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in a stockpot; cover with water (to 2 inches above potatoes); bring to a boil. Cook 40 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cool; peel and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes. Add onion and garlic, sauté 3 minutes. Add broth; cook until evaporated. Stir in spinach, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place half the potatoes in a single layer on the bottom of an 11 x 7-inch baking dish. Spoon mushroom mixture over potatoes; sprinkle with ham. Layer remaining potatoes over top.
- Combine 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, milk, flour, and eggs. Pour over potatoes (dish will be full). Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses; bake an additional 20 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch