Florentine Artichoke Dip
Spinach, artichoke hearts, and two cheeses blend beautifully in this hot appetizer. Roasted garlic bagel chips were our favorite dippers.
Yield: 4 cups
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 (6 1/2-ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 1/2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups French breadcrumbs (homemade) (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Drain spinach; press between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Combine spinach, artichoke hearts, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl, stirring well. Spoon into a lightly greased 11" x 7" baking dish. Combine breadcrumbs and butter; sprinkle over spinach mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25 minutes. Serve with assorted crackers, bagel chips, or breadsticks.
- Note: To get 1 1/2 cups French breadcrumbs, tear off a piece of a baguette. Pulse in a food processor until coarse crumbs form. Measure crumbs, tear off another chunk, and repeat procedure until you get 1 1/2 cups.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers