Flaxseed Pancake and Waffle Mix
"Homemade and edible gifts -- healthy, too -- on a budget" by Sara Moulton, AP. Healthy Cooking. Flaxseed adds a subtle but distinctive nuttiness. Winston-Salem Journal: November 21, 2012.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup(s) flax meal
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) table salt
- Into a medium bowl, sift together all of the ingredients. Transfer the mix to a 1 quart glass bottle of canning jar and screw on the lid. If desired, attach the recipe with a ribbon.
- To make pancakes, heat a alge nonstick skillet brushed with oil or coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and ladle either 1/8 cup portions of the batter into the pan (for small pancakes). Let the pancakes cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until small bubbles appear on the surface. Flip, then cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown on the second side.
- Serve with freshly cut fruit or berries, honey, or syrup.
- Recipe makes 6 large (3 1/2- to 4-inch) or 12 small (1 1/2- to 2-inch) pancakes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note