Very simple, yet so tasty. My husband and I really enjoyed the fresh taste of the tomatoes. Served it with french onion soup and it was a perfect compliment.
Flatbread with Oven-Dried Tomatoes, Rosemary, and Fontina
Randy Mayor; Jan Gautro
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 162
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 24.2g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 11mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 335mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 rosemary sprigs
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons very warm water (120° to 130°)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 3/4 cup Oven-Dried Tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup (4 ounces) fontina cheese, diced
- Place oil and rosemary sprigs in a small bowl; microwave on high for 30 seconds. Let stand 15 minutes. Gently squeeze oil from rosemary; discard sprigs.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1/2 cup flour and yeast in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add 1/2 cup warm water; let stand 20 minutes. Add rosemary oil, 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water, chopped rosemary, and 3/4 teaspoon salt; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 8 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 teaspoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel tacky).
- Place dough in a large bowl coated with cooking spray, turning to coat top. Cover and let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in size. (Press two fingers into dough. If indentation remains, the dough has risen enough.) Punch dough down; form into a ball. Place directly on baking sheet. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Preheat over to 500°.
- Roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Arrange tomatoes on top of flatbread, leaving a 1/2-inch border. Sprinkle with cheese; gently press toppings into dough. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Bake at 500° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This