- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons Pure Wesson Vegetable Oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cans (8 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Sauce
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 envelope (1 oz each) au jus gravy mix
How to Make It
Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 40 minutes
Combine flour, salt and pepper in large resealable plastic bag. Add steak; seal bag. Shake bag gently to evenly coat steak with the flour mixture; set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the steak; cook 3 minutes, or until evenly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove steak from skillet; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining steak. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons oil and the onions to same skillet; cook 4 minutes, or until onions are tender, stirring frequently.
Add tomato sauce, water and dry au jus mix to skillet; stir until well blended, scraping up browned bits from bottom of skillet. Add steak; stir. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 15 minutes, or until gravy is thickened, stirring occasionally.