Flank Steak With Tomato-Olive Relish
Flank steak is generally cooked to medium-rare so it stays tender and juicy.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted oil-cured black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Garnish: flat-leaf parsley sprig
- Sprinkle flank steak evenly with salt and pepper.
- Cook steak in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steak, and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add wine, tomatoes, olives, and vinegar; cook 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in parsley.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices, and serve with tomato mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note