Flank Steak With Tomato-Olive Relish
Flank steak is generally cooked to medium-rare so it stays tender and juicy.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine or chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup pitted oil-cured black olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Garnish: flat-leaf parsley sprig
- Sprinkle flank steak evenly with salt and pepper.
- Cook steak in hot oil in large skillet over medium-high heat 6 to 8 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- Remove steak, and drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet; add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add wine, tomatoes, olives, and vinegar; cook 10 minutes or until reduced by half. Stir in parsley.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices, and serve with tomato mixture. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes