Flank Steak with Spanish Rice
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) Mexican style stewed tomatoes (14 1/2 oz)
- 1 3/4 cup(s) Water
- Several dash(es) Bottled hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Long grain rice
- 1-1 1/4 pound(s) Flank steak
- 1 teaspoon(s) Chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) Ground black pepper
- Snipped cilantro or parsley (optional)
- In a 2 quart saucepan combine the stewed tomatoes, water and hot pepper sauce. Bring to boiling. Stir in uncooked rice. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Combine chili powder, salt, cumin and black pepper. Rub spice mixture into flank steak on both sides. Grill steak.
- Thinly slice flank steak diagonally across the grain. Fluff rice with a fork. Serve steak slices over rice. If desired, sprinkle with cilantro or parsley.
- 409 calories, 9 g fat
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dmradcliffe and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Flank Steak with Spanish Rice Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes