This chutney is a summertime treat! Next time I serve it I'll choose a more tender cut of beef, bur regardless, this is worth cooking!
Flank Steak with Grilled Mango and Watermelon Chutney
Pair watermelon and mango with lean flank steak for a high-protein main dish that's packed with vitamins, minerals, and fiber. Like watermelon, mangoes are full of powerful antioxidants that can help fight heart disease and some forms of cancer.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 274
- Calories from fat: 24%
- Fat: 7.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 25.7g
- Carbohydrate: 26.8g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 553mg
- Calcium: 57mg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 peeled ripe mangoes, each cut into quarters (about 1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups finely diced seedless watermelon (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare steak, combine first 4 ingredients. Sprinkle steak evenly with sugar mixture. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 8 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- To prepare chutney, place mango on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side. Cool and chop. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 4 minutes. Add ginger; sauté 1 minute. Add vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Stir in mango; cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in watermelon, cilantro, and mint. Add mint sprigs and lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This