I did double the sauce. After cooking the flank steak on our Traeger 10 minutes each side, and resting 5 minutes, I combined the sliced steak and the pasta all together in the skillet. DH and I loved it. For some reason DD isn't a fan of stroganoff dishes so she passed.
Flank Steak with Creamy Mushroom Sauce
Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
This recipe calls for a gourmet mushroom mix, but most mushrooms will work.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak and about 1/3 cup sauce)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 186
- Calories from fat: 27%
- Fat: 5.6g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 7.5g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 38mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 443mg
- Calcium: 49mg
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots
- 1 (4-ounce) package gourmet mushroom mix
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/4 cup fat-free sour cream
- Preheat broiler.
- Sprinkle steak evenly with salt and pepper. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness; let stand 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shallots to pan; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms to pan. Cover and cook 4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/3 cup water, mustard, Worcestershire, and thyme. Cover and cook 2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in sour cream.
- Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with mushroom sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This