I really liked this recipe because of the pesto. I meant the steak was good - but it's grilled flank steak. What was awesome was the pesto. I doubled the batch based on a couple of other people's comments and was happy that I did!
Flank Steak with Cilantro-Almond Pesto
Ground almonds thicken this lively herb sauce. The pesto is also good as a spread for burgers and sandwiches, or as a pizza sauce. Most of the fat here is monounsaturated.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces steak and about 1 tablespoon pesto)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 209
- Calories from fat: 47%
- Fat: 10.8g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 24.6g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Cholesterol: 57mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 152mg
- Calcium: 36mg
- 3/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeÃ±o pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cilantro sprigs (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a blender; process until finely chopped (about 15 seconds). Add yogurt and juice; process until smooth.
- Grill steak 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve steak with pesto. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes