- 1 (1 1/2 lb.) trimmed flank steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces watercress, tough stems discarded
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 radishes, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 ounces (3/4 cup) blue cheese, crumbled (optional)
- calories 431
- fat 28 g
- satfat 11 g
- protein 41 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 2 g
- cholesterol 100 mg
- sodium 1 mg
How to Make It
Preheat a large grill pan over medium heat. Sprinkle steak on both sides with 3/4 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Make sure pan is hot, then cook steak for about 6 minutes per side, turning once, for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let stand for 5 minutes.
Combine watercress, tomatoes and radishes in a large bowl. Drizzle oil and vinegar on top; toss well. Season with remaining 1/4 tsp. each of salt and pepper, then toss again.
Thinly slice steak and divide among 4 dinner plates. Top each portion with salad. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top, if desired.