Steak was easy, fast, and good. Bruschetta was awesome too. I will be making this one again soon.
Flank Steak with Tomato Bruschetta
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 325
- Fat: 13.9g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.7g
- Protein: 29g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 70mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 490mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 4 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat French bread baguette
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine canola oil, paprika, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and Creole seasoning in a small bowl. Rub spice mixture evenly over steak. Place steak on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Place steak on a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across the grain into thin slices. Thread tomatoes evenly onto 4 skewers; grill 5 minutes, turning once after 3 minutes. Remove tomatoes from grill.
- 3. Remove tomatoes from skewers; coarsely chop. Place tomatoes, 2 teaspoons olive oil, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, basil, and shallot in a small bowl, stirring to combine.
- 4. Drizzle bread slices evenly with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Grill 30 seconds on each side or until toasted. Rub cut sides of garlic over one side of bread slices; top evenly with tomato mixture.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note