Very good and easy to prepare; DD does not like flank steak, "too tough". Served with quinoa/brown rice and steamed spinach.
Flank Steak with Tomato-Balsamic Sauce
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 11.7g
- Saturated fat: 3.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 25.5g
- Carbohydrate: 8.5g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 74mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 366mg
- Calcium: 58mg
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup torn fresh basil, divided
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil; swirl to coat. Sprinkle steak with salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add steak to pan, and cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Transfer steak to a cutting board; let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into thin slices.
- 2. Add garlic and shallot to pan; sauté 1 1/2 minutes or until lightly browned. Add vinegar, and cook 1 1/2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates. Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup basil, 1/4 cup green onions, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Cook 2 minutes or until the tomatoes soften and begin to release their liquid, stirring occasionally. Serve tomato mixture over sliced steak. Sprinkle with remaining basil and remaining green onions.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This