Flank Steak with Salsa Verde
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 474mg
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 lb.), trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tinned anchovy fillet, rinsed, dried and finely chopped, optional
- 1. Preheat a gas grill to medium-high. Lightly score steak; season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Pulse oil, onion, garlic, capers, parsley, lemon juice, crushed red pepper and anchovy, if desired, in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill steak 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4. Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve, passing sauce on the side.
This recipe was previously published in All You, Back to School Special, July 2013.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes