Flank Steak with Salsa Verde
Photo: Ryan Benyi; Styling: Gerri Williams for James Reps
Yield: Serves: 4
Cost per Serving: $3.32
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 441
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 27g
- Carbohydrate: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
- Sodium: 474mg
- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 lb.), trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tinned anchovy fillet, rinsed, dried and finely chopped, optional
- 1. Preheat a gas grill to medium-high. Lightly score steak; season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Pulse oil, onion, garlic, capers, parsley, lemon juice, crushed red pepper and anchovy, if desired, in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3. Grill steak 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- 4. Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve, passing sauce on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note