- 1 flank steak (about 1 1/2 lb.), trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tinned anchovy fillet, rinsed, dried and finely chopped, optional
- calories 441
- fat 35 g
- satfat 7 g
- protein 27 g
- carbohydrate 4 g
- fiber 1 g
- cholesterol 53 mg
- sodium 474 mg
How to Make It
Preheat a gas grill to medium-high. Lightly score steak; season with salt and pepper.
Pulse oil, onion, garlic, capers, parsley, lemon juice, crushed red pepper and anchovy, if desired, in a food processor. Season with salt and pepper.
Grill steak 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium-rare. Let stand for 5 minutes.
Thinly slice steak against the grain and serve, passing sauce on the side.
This recipe was previously published in All You, Back to School Special, July 2013.