Marinated the flank steak for about an hour then grilled. Excellent meal that really came together quickly.Definitely a keeper!
Flank Steak Salad with Plums and Blue Cheese
Combine the comforting flavors of steak and cheese with fresh summer greens and fruit for a filling salad that's less than 300 calories.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11.3g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 373mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 3 plums, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Combine pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl; rub over both sides of steak.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let rest 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, honey, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups arugula mixture onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3 ounces steak, about 1/2 cup plums, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
You'll have leftover breadsticks; store them at room temperature in an airtight container, and reheat at 250° for 5 minutes or until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note