Simply delicious and extremely easy to make. I used feta instead and added cucumbers. I really liked the sweetness the honey and the plums ad. I cannot wait to make this for friends and family. Yum!!!
Flank Steak Salad with Plums and Blue Cheese
Combine the comforting flavors of steak and cheese with fresh summer greens and fruit for a filling salad that's less than 300 calories.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 290
- Fat: 15.8g
- Saturated fat: 5.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 7.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 26.1g
- Carbohydrate: 11.3g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 373mg
- Calcium: 102mg
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 cups loosely packed baby arugula
- 3 plums, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled blue cheese
- 1. Combine pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil, and 1 teaspoon lemon juice in a small bowl; rub over both sides of steak.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan; cook 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove steak from pan; let rest 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- 3. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, honey, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk. Add arugula; toss gently to coat. Arrange about 1 1/2 cups arugula mixture onto each of 4 plates; top each serving with 3 ounces steak, about 1/2 cup plums, and 1 tablespoon cheese.
You'll have leftover breadsticks; store them at room temperature in an airtight container, and reheat at 250° for 5 minutes or until warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This
Food & Wine