I made this on a weeknight for guests. Very good. The sauce was used with pita chips and other crackers the next two nights. Easy and pretty with the bright red sauce.
Flank Steak with Romesco Sauce
Photo: Jonny Autry; Styling: Mary Clayton Carl
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 3.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 27.1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.8g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Cholesterol: 37mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 537mg
- Calcium: 53mg
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 (3/4-ounce) slices whole-grain bread, torn into 2-inch pieces
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. Arrange almonds and bread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil 1 minute or until lightly browned. Add almonds and bread to a food processor; process until coarsely ground. Heat olive oil, garlic, and paprika in a small skillet over medium heat; cook for 1 minute or until garlic begins to brown. Add garlic mixture, sherry vinegar, bell peppers, and 1/8 teaspoon salt to bread mixture; process until smooth.
- 3. Sprinkle steak evenly with remaining 3/8 teaspoon salt and black pepper. Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes