Flank Steak Roll with Spinach & Garlic
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup(s) whole-wheat panko
- 1 tablespoon(s) pine nuts toasted
- 2 teaspoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) dried red pepper flakes
- 1 pound(s) flank steak trimmed of visible fat
- 3 ounce(s) spinach leaves (about 6 cups)
- kitchen string
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Arrange a rack in a baking pan and coat with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine panko, nuts, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Place steak on a work surface. Holding a sharp knife (ideally a carving knife with a thinner blade than a chef’s knife) parallel to the work surface and positioned along 1 of the longer sides, cut steak almost in half horizontally, so it opens like a book. Spread steak open with “spine of book” parallel to you.
- Sprinkle panko mixture evenly over steak, leaving a 1-inch border along the farthest edge. Arrange spinach on top of panko mixture. Beginning with the closest edge, roll steak up, gently pressing down on spinach. Rotate steak roll so it’s vertical to you and tie crosswise at 1-inch intervals with kitchen string. Place steak on rack in prepared baking pan and bake until a meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part of steak registers 150°F for medium doneness, about 35 minutes, or 130°F for medium rare, about 30 minutes. Transfer steak roll to a cutting board, loosely cover with foil and let rest for 10 minutes (internal temperature will continue to rise to about 160°F for medium and 140°F for medium rare).
- Remove foil and string and carefully cut steak crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Serve drizzled with any juices accumulated on cutting board.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Psykee and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Flank Steak Roll with Spinach & Garlic Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes