Added grilled portobello mushrooms to the edamame, and grilled a cut of sirloin steak. I also had fresh, hot peppers from the farmers market, so I sliced and added them to the vinegar instead of wasabi, which added color and a lot more spice to the dish. I really like the simplicity of this dish as well as all the iron, fiber, and great nutritional value! Although I did a summer-take, I look forward to following the instructions more closely in cooler weather. If you're looking for recipes with more iron, please visit my blog: figswithbenefits.com.
Flank Steak and Edamame with Wasabi Dressing
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 253
- Calories from fat: 42%
- Fat: 11.9g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 27.7g
- Carbohydrate: 5.9g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 28mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 653mg
- Calcium: 64mg
- 1 (1-pound) flank steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans), thawed
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub steak with 2 teaspoons soy sauce; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add steak to pan. Cook for 5 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove from pan; let stand 10 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add ginger and garlic; sauté 1 minute, stirring occasionally. Add remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce and edamame to pan; cook 2 minutes.
- Combine vinegar and wasabi paste in a bowl, stirring until smooth. Place 1/2 cup edamame mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 3 ounces steak; drizzle each with 1 tablespoon vinegar mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes