Flank Steak and Cucumber Salad
Photo: Jacob Snavely; Styling: Buffy Hargett Miller
More From Southern Living
Total: 40 Minutes
- 1 (1- to 1 1/2-lb.) flank steak
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Asian chili paste (such as Huy Fong)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Quick-Pickled Cukes
- 1. Preheat grill to 350° to 400° (medium-high) heat. Rub steak with olive oil and desired amount of salt and pepper. Let stand 10 minutes. Grill, covered, 5 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Let stand 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, sauté garlic in hot sesame oil in a saucepan over medium heat 1 minute. Stir in soy sauce, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 cup water; bring to a boil. Whisk together cornstarch and 1 tsp. water, and stir into soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; boil, stirring often, 1 minute.
- 3. Cut steak across the grain into thin strips. Arrange Quick-Pickled Cukes on a platter, and top with sliced steak and sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note