Flamboyant Roasted Red Snapper
- 1 (2 1/2- to 3-pound) whole red snapper, dressed
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grained sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Kosher salt or rock salt
- 6 long stems rosemary
- 4 stalks lemon grass
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup brandy
- Place fish on a lightly greased rack in a broiler pan. Insert lemon slices in cavity of fish. Brush outside of fish with olive oil, and sprinkle sea salt and pepper.
- Bake at 450° for 20 to 25 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork.
- Spread an even layer of kosher or rock salt on an ovenproof platter. Place fish on the herbs, and top with remaining herbs.
- Heat brandy in a small saucepan just until warm (do not boil). Quickly pour brandy over fish; ignite with a long match.
- Brush charred herbs aside; fillet the fish, and serve immediately
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This