- 12 ounces dried flageolet beans
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-in. slices on a diagonal
- About 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley, divided
- calories 365
- caloriesfromfat 19 %
- protein 21 g
- fat 7.9 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 56 g
- fiber 14 g
- sodium 787 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Put all ingredients including 2 tbsp. oil but not the sprigs or parsley in a 4- to 6-qt. slow-cooker. Add 5 cups boiling water and stir. Cover and cook until most of liquid is absorbed and beans are very tender, 2 1/4 to 3 hours on high or 4 to 4 1/2 hours on low.
Stir in 3 tbsp. parsley. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with more oil. Garnish with rosemary and thyme sprigs and remaining 1 tbsp. parsley.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per main-dish serving.